[ale] windows virus?

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Jun 3 19:26:57 EDT 2010

On Thu June 3 2010, Preston Boyington wrote:
> > dr-x------  1 root root          0 Jan 16  2009 Config.Msi
> > dr-x------  1 root root      24576 Jan 16  2009 Program Files
> > -r--------  1 root root 2145386496 Jan 16  2009 pagefile.sys
> > -r--------  1 root root 2145300480 Jan 16  2009 hiberfil.sys
> > dr-x------  1 root root     122880 Jan 16  2009 WINDOWS
>
> on a different note, is that a 'hibernation' file?  does your Linux
> system gripe about mounting the partition?  i ask because my netbook
> wouldn't allow me to copy over files to my NTFS partition because
> Windows had not been shutdown (as opposed to it going into
> suspend/hibernation) correctly.

you... expect me to remember how I shut down a computer in Jan 2009?? I can't
remember what I had for breakfast yesterday!!
I saw that, noted it, but.. nah, not gonna boot windows just to find out. It
would take 2 hours of updates just to get back to fully updated, and I'm sure
my virus program has expired, so I'd have to install a new one and update
IT.. not that my uptime is spectacular, but I see no reason to boot windows.
My root & /home are on the original disk, but I rsync them nightly to disk#2,
and occaissionally to my Mybook 500Gb USB drive, AND save my pictures to a
few DVDs..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800