[ale] BP knew of problems 11 months before the rig blew - further OT

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 15:47:16 EDT 2010

Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> Would that be so bad?  Wouldn't it be nice to have a shorter drive to
> the beach?  If Hartsfield were suddenly beachfront property they could
> take off over the ocean without annoying folks trying to sleep.  :-)

LOL!  well I haven't read the article, but a small (low yield?) nuke
like the US and other countries have in their arsenal doesn't do quite
that much damage.  from my understanding it's more of a small city size
area of impact.

my assumption would be their using small ones like was proposed for
space shuttle propulsion years ago.

on a different note; I still haven't heard _why_ snipers were deployed
to neighboring rigs.  I worked on offshore drilling rigs for years (and
still have family working thereon) and that was a first for me.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/