[ale] Looking for a graphics editor or (probably) a library.

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Jun 3 14:05:15 EDT 2010

I need to take a map in jpg format (Looks like Albers projection),
display it on a canvas and record the x,y coordinates from a series of
mouse clicks.  What I'm trying to do is generate a rough lat/long to map
coordinates table.

I'm fairly certain I'll have to write something but don't have any ideas
of what library would let me display a jpg and then intercept mouse
clicks.  Any suggestions?  Php, perl, C, C++ or maybe tcl would be OK.

Thanks,
Jim.