[ale] BP knew of problems 11 months before the rig blew -further OT

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Thu Jun 3 09:27:11 EDT 2010

There are nuts of all ideologies.  They might decide "one little blast"
now would save potential failures of multiple rigs in years to come.
They might also not have realized how bad this would be given how far it
was from the coast.

That kind of thinking is exemplified in the thinking that "murdering" an
abortion doctor prevents "murders".  Or the PETA crowd that in the name
of protecting "animals" feel it is OK to attack their fellow homo
sapiens stupidly - they throw paint on someone wearing fur which is
already dead thereby creating a market for killing new fur bearing
animals for the replacement coat.

I don't *really* believe it was this - just saying it was a random
thought that occurred to me when the explosion first happened.
Coincidences do sometimes happen but they do arouse my suspicions when
they seem to serve an end.