[ale] Will Google buy Novell? (was: google dumps microsoft)

Wed Jun 2 00:19:36 EDT 2010

This is great news. First, Apple overtakes MSFT in market
capitalization.
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100526-715058.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines
( aka http://j.mp/aRnaNJ ) Then major corporations with 20,000+
installs of windows start abandoning the platform due to the security
threat that it represents. This could be a very big year for
competition and merit based market acceptance in the computer
industry.

It's about time that corporations start treating MSFT products as an
unjustifiable liability. If you installed a piece of software on your
work computer that was known to have been exploited as badly and
resulted in as much financial loss as MSFT windows and office, what
would employer do to you? Would still have a job if you install Gator
eWallet on your machine? What if you installed it on 100? 1,000?
10,000? Would you still have a job? Then why is it acceptable for
someone to do far more damage via policy? Soon, I hope it won't be.

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Robert Reese <ale at sixit.com> wrote:
> Hello Geoffrey,
>
> Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 7:36:17 PM, you wrote:
>
>> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/05/31/businessinsider-henry-blodget-google-dumping-microsoft-windows-company-wide-blames-windows-for-china-hacking-attack-2010-5.DTL
>
> Hmmm.... wouldn't that be just the freakin' greatest if Google bought Novell?  ROFLMAO just thinking about that...
>
> R~

.!# RichardBronosky #!.