[ale] BP knew of problems 11 months before the rig blew - further OT

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Tue Jun 1 13:02:30 EDT 2010

Don't leave - I was just making a joke with my post earlier today.

This list is mainly OT and will be whether you leave or stay.   On occasion it gets out of hand.

As to the Caldera Linux comment someone made - I actually have a copy of that.  One of the things I liked about it when I used it was that it came bundled with WABI (they'd licensed it from Sun) so I could run most of the Windows 3.11 apps from my other desktop on it without a problem.  When we went to Win 95 corporate wide at that job WINE wasn't mature enough to do very many apps yet so I had to get a Windows workstation again.

What finally put the nail in the casket was that they didn't have drivers that would work with the then latest Trio 64 video chip so we couldn't use it on our newer HP workstations that had it embedded.