[ale] FC13 install on a laptop

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 12:37:34 EDT 2010

Sounds like the xp/ubuntu install wrote/broke a sector0 that can't be read
by anaconda. Not sure if the ubuntu install after xp install with
autopartitioning is a good process.

Best is to boot ubuntu and make 3 partitions.  Install xp into one first and
ububtu and fedora will be easy then.

On Jul 31, 2010 6:30 AM, "Paul Cartwright" <ale at pcartwright.com> wrote:

On Fri July 30 2010, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Anaconda, Fedora's installer default is to use the who...
you have to initialize the drive FIRST.. which removes everything on it.
That's the dilemma, I can't get to the custom screen without initializing
the
drive.. If you select NOT to initialize ( ignore) it says there is no
partitions to put it on. I've done custom partitioning for RHEL, but it
won't
get past that initialize screen.

--
Paul Cartwright