[ale] Using PXE to boot Live Ubuntu CD

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Fri Jul 30 08:46:17 EDT 2010

I'm learning things here.... appreciate the response.

I was looking at various ubuntu docs and at times they append ip=dhcp rw
(after nfsroot). Does that make a difference? ie without does the pxe
kernel know to go out and get an ip address and having failed that can't
find the nfs server?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DisklessUbuntuHowto

I've seen something similar (iirc) when trying to netboot a box with two
nics and the wrong nic tries to go get an ip address and fails because
it's disconnected - that was a while back so my memory may be faulty

I don't have the old emails that started this thread, so again,
apologies if this has been covered.

And, again, nice thing you are doing to personally help out.

Regards,
William