[ale] 100 million Facebook pages leaked on torrent site

Robbie Honerkamp robbie at ding.net
Wed Jul 28 11:56:35 EDT 2010

I saw some discussions about this yesterday on some other lists, and the
consensus was that the torrent is pretty much just a list of users who
have their profile set to be searchable and the URL to their profile.
The torrent doesn't have any information such as addresses, DOB, etc..
nor can they be gotten from the user's profile URL unless they've set
their profile to be public.

I haven't downloaded the torrent, so I could be wrong, but it seems
likely to me that this is another example of the media running amok with
a story they know little about. Skull Security's website is down right
now, but I've attached an email from the Infowarrior list that excerpts
the details from the page that talk about what's in the torrent.

Robbie