[ale] 100 million Facebook pages leaked on torrent site

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 28 11:40:30 EDT 2010

On 7/28/2010 11:27 AM, Charles Shapiro wrote:
> Yep, I believe that is the case. I shall publish your CC number in my
> status forthwith.
>
> -- CHS
>
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 11:20 AM,<krwatson at cc.gatech.edu>  wrote:
>> Charles,
>>
>> > From what I have read so fare, if you set security correctly they can't get much about you directly but if any one of your friends has their security set incorrectly then they can. Basically they can get data on just about everyone regardless of their security settings.
>>
>> keith

So much for me being paranoid.  Peer pressured into joining. (I'm a
sucker).  Refused to put in anymore information than just my name.  No
phone numbers, no address, no birthday, no nothing, I even declined to
enter political and religious views.  If you're my friend you should
already know all that. Even with the terseness of my account, I still
enabled all the security options to disable pretty much everything.
Entering all that sort of info was just asking for trouble.