[ale] [ALE-jobs] Ericsson job posting

Mon Jul 26 20:09:56 EDT 2010

Yes, the way to insure you don't get quality applicants (unless they
are desparate) for a Linux job is to post your job description as a
word doc, or request a resume as a word doc. The way to get great
quality candidates to apply, even if they already have a good job, is
to say something like this:
I have attached a plain text document XOR'ed against a 3 character
passphrase. In it you may find instructions on how to apply for this
position. Apply if you are capable.

I have applied for a few of those even when I didn't need the job.

On 7/26/10, Sparr <sparr0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone else see the humor, and potential candidate
> off-putting-ness, in distributing the job description for a
> linux-oriented position as a .DOC file? It's not on the same level as
> requiring me to print + fill out + sign + scan + email documents
> during the application process, but these are among some of many
> warning flags that I have identified as "you probably don't want to
> work there, they have serious Process(TM) problems".

Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.