[ale] man man

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Jul 21 16:19:52 EDT 2010

James Sumners wrote:
> That would be a preferred place for system wide changes. But the more
> versatile method is to let users set their own options. If you would
> like to suggest default options for new users then the appropriate
> place for that would be in the `/etc/skel/` files [1].
>
> [1] -- http://www.linfo.org/etc_skel.html

Unless, of course, you don't want the change to be global but only
effective for man.   I'd guess that many of the people on this list run
Linux as a single user system or at least have only one person that
cares about keeping the output of man visible.  My wife probably has
never used man, for instance.

Jim.