[ale] Spam methods

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Fri Jul 16 08:12:16 EDT 2010

Right - but my point is why should you aid their sales force even if
they are "legitimate" companies?  If you talk to the people that buy
things at your company I bet by and large they'd tell you they prefer
you did NOT forward emails on to them or even give out their names as
contacts.  Having once been a Purchasing Director I can tell you that
enough sales people find their way to buyers that buyers almost never
need new referrals.

Sales weenies at more than one "legitimate" company have been known to
get overzealous and do things like find a list like this one then send
"legitimate" sales information to it.  That is still spam in my view.
That happened on another list I'm on a year or so ago and everyone
flamed the poster and also sent emails to his company.   Someone higher
up in the company posted an apology and we never saw that again from
that firm.