[ale] internet issues?

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Thu Jul 15 16:10:41 EDT 2010

Hi Paul,

> well, I just had a few problems . May mail.err log showed timeouts & socket
> problems, I couldn't get to my banks web site, my email said it couldn't
> connect to my smtp server...
> mail.err:
> fetchmail[5106]: socket error while fetching from MY_DOMAIN_EMAIL

Ever since the storms on Tuesday, I've seen widespread internet problems as well, and I'm on Cox from Macon.  Yesterday *all* of Google's services were pretty troubled, and my brother near Dallas, TX said my webhost server was down, which is in San Diego.  Obviously, I don't know what is and what isn't related, but methinks there may be backbone issues somewhere here in the south.

Cheers,
R~