[ale] Request to Reduce Off Topic Posts

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Mon Jul 12 19:46:53 EDT 2010

On Monday 12 July 2010, Preston Boyington wrote:
> The "OT List" seems to come up every so often.  I can think of maybe
> 2-3 times in the past where things got extremely heated, but for the
> most part people here really don't want a separate list.

So simply enable Topics and this one list can both a single list for those
who prefer it that way. And it can be multiple lists for those who enjoy
fine tuning things.

(Mailman) Mailing list Configuration Help
"topics Option
  topics (topics): Topic keywords, one per line, to match against each
message.
Each topic keyword is actually a regular expression, which is matched
against certain parts of a mail message, specifically the Keywords: and
Subject: message headers. Note that the first few lines of the body of
the message can also contain a Keywords: and Subject: "header" on which
matching is also performed."
--
William