[ale] Off topic - oil

Larry Johnson larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 08:43:42 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer at gmail.com>wrote:

> Interesting.
>
> I had no idea about that.  I knew they had found lots of natural gas
> out west, but not crude.
>
> Amazing how the end of the oil age keeps getting pushed out.  Glad the
> dinosaurs ran around for a few hundred million years making a couple
> centuries of oil for us!
>
> Might even be enough time for us to smoothly move to the next energy
> source.
>
> Greg

I always enjoyed the cartoons showing dinosaurs becoming oil, but most oil
actually originated from algae and plankton.  And whether the date gets
pushed out depends entirely on whose analysis, guesses, and (on both sides)
politically motivated wishful thinking you are reading.

Larry

--
"I see design standards that don't tell you how to come up with a good
design (only how to write it down), employee evaluation standards that don't

                                     Tom DeMarco
                                      Slack