[ale] Off topic - And now, Arizona

Larry Johnson larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 08:10:10 EDT 2010

You're citing a 2008 reference to an upcoming (at that time) press release
about the Bakken oil field.  As far as I know the expense of extracting the
oil from that field is still a problem, and I haven't seen anything recent
to suggest otherwise.

I suspect that when the price of gasoline reaches a certain (higher) point
the difficult fields will see more interest, but until that day articles
like this are wishful thinking, and won't do a lot for the campaign much of
the right seems to have unleashed to Bring Back the Hummer.

Larry

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com>wrote:

> On Mon July 12 2010, wolf at wolfhalton.info wrote:
> > Reduce the military budget by 15% - we will still be bigger than the next
> 5
> > combined. Quit the military adventures in oil country - or send only the
> > children of congress-people and senators...
>
> we shouldn't need to be relying on the mid-east for oil, we have way more
> than
> THET do!
> http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/next-energy-news2.13s.html
>

> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800
> Registered Ubuntu User #12459
> http://usdebtclock.org/

"I see design standards that don't tell you how to come up with a good
design (only how to write it down), employee evaluation standards that don't
help you build meaningful long-term relationships with staff, testing
standards that don't tell you how to invent a test that is worth running."

                                     Tom DeMarco
                                      Slack