[ale] I am so tired of Linux Fanatics

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 13:35:36 EDT 2010

The typical man page viewer (PAGER) is `more`. But you could just as
easily use `less` or something else. In fact, I use `most` as my
viewer. I use the following line in my ~/.bashrc to make the change:

[ -e "`which most`" ] && export PAGER='most'

Then you can use whatever search command your pager uses to search the
manual you are currently viewing.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/