[ale] OT: Slow response

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 22:53:16 EDT 2010

On 07/07/2010 06:55 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Wed July 7 2010, Scott Castaline wrote:
>
> last time I had a problem like that it ended up being a DNS problem..
> my /etc/resolv.conf:
> nameserver 4.2.2.2
> nameserver 4.2.2.3
> nameserver 208.67.222.222
> nameserver 208.67.220.220

Just tested my changes and at first Amazon sort of responded better, but
as I started switching pages in my search it slowed way down. Eventually
the router went off line at least on the LAN side, not sure about the
WAN side. I cranked wifey's laptop nad it was unable to get to the
router, so I'm sure that it's not just my box or a bad port.

Is it possible that a router could go bad on just one site? It doesn't
make sense to me. And then what is going on with this site that causes
my router to behave this way? Could IPv6 be a problem? I've heard that
there isn't a way to kill it but I don't think this router supports it
anyway, at least I haven't seen anything to setup for IPv6.