[ale] OT: Slow response

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 18:19:43 EDT 2010

Anyone having problems with amazon.com? I've been getting very slow to
no responses when I try searching for something it'll just sit there
saying that it's loading whatever. Sometimes after a couple of minutes
I'll hit stop and refresh and it'll blank and then the requested page
shows up. Other times I'll leave to get a cup of coffee and forget
about, come back eventually and it's still just loading. After several
times I'll loose my router. I can no longer access my router. If I ping
it'll come back with that it's (the routers IP) is unreachable. Unplug
and plug back in and it'll be fine.

I've only seen this with Amazon and it doesn't seem to happen anywhere
else. I'm using firefox 3.6.4 on Fedora 13. The router is a Linksys
BEFSR8.1. This also seems to have only started the last couple of days.