[ale] [OT] Tin foil hats [Was: Re: niche Linux distros article]

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Mon Jul 5 14:01:46 EDT 2010

Well I'm sure that element is out there but they were probably already
armed to the teeth anyway.   I've never owned a gun (the temptation to
use it would be too much for me) but a buddy of mine who did buy a gun
when the run on them started after the election said it was because he
was afraid the Democrats would outlaw guns.  He mentioned the later
overturned assault weapon bill pushed through by Clinton when he was in
power.  Nothing racist in that - just a normal NRA pro-gun stance.   The
funny thing is he already had guns so buying another seemed pointless to
me unless he's going to learn to shoot with both hands and feet.

The recent Supreme Court ruling on city gun laws suggests that even if
the Dems did somehow push through gun legislation it wouldn't survive a
Supreme Court challenge.  Even if Kagan gets on the court she doesn't
change the balance.

As for me the only reason I've considered buying a gun since Obama's
election is the knowledge of all the idiots that bought them in droves
afterwards.  Sooner or later I may need to protect myself from one of
them.