[ale] Ubuntu upgrade

scott scott at sboss.net
Mon Jul 5 08:55:59 EDT 2010

I just finished upgrading 20 (or so) Ubuntu 9.10 servers to 10.4 without
Nuke-N-Pave method and I had no issues.  I dont think that is the best
way (normally) to upgrade.  And majority of them with 9.04 before that.
 Just upgrading in-place version after version after version.

BUT since this server is toast, it is probably the fastest way to fix
the issues.