[ale] Home Data Server Project

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 18:43:54 EST 2010

Thnak u all for the input. I didn't think about the heat. The wife and I
talked and we decided that we should drop cable where the phone lines are
and then we could put the server somewhere cool.

With that said, if we dropped wire from the roof then we'd have to punch
them all into a router, right!?

I'm

On Feb 26, 2010 11:30 AM, "Chris Fowler" <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>
wrote:

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 10:37 -0500, drifter wrote:
> Temperatures in a well ventilated attic in the s...
A few years ago I tested a temp sensor we built by placing it in my
attic.  I had CAT-5 running down to my office into a serial port and was
using a perl program and rrdtool to see the results.  In summer around
noon the peak temp was a little above 115F.  Not a place I would want to
store any equipment.