[ale] OT: Firefox just keeps reloading GMail

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Feb 26 00:42:30 EST 2010

On 02/24/2010 07:21 PM, JK wrote:
> On 2/24/2010 12:36 PM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
>
>> That said, I don't know that I'll switch back even after Firefox adopts
>> the multiprocess structure that Chrome has started with.  The UI in
>> Chrome is so small and light that Firefox just looks bulky to me.
>
> I just installed Chrome for the first time; had been avoiding it for a
> while now, due to being set in my Firefoxy ways.
>
> My first impression was holycrapthisthingisreallyfast.  Wait'll I
> have 15 or 20 tabs open, though.

Shouldn't make a difference; the browser chrome (heh) runs in a process
of its own, and each tab also runs in its own process, so it's not like
there is any scheduling issues---the OS schedules all of the components
preemptively, since they're all full, standalone processes.  Plugins
also get their own processes, so when plugins crash, the browser
continues to run.

	--- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                    ☎ (404) 492-6475