[ale] [OT] Psychology of Denial about Climate Change

Dustin Puryear dpuryear at puryear-it.com
Thu Feb 25 11:24:25 EST 2010

I'm not delving into the global warming debate itself, but I will
respond to the "electric cars move the source of polution" comment.
Speaking on matters of economy of scale and efficiency, a power plant
converts the same amount of fuel into more energy than a small car
engine does. So while it's true that you are still polluting, you are
polluting LESS per unit energy. And, more importantly perhaps, you need
less fuel for the same energy needs.

---
Puryear IT, LLC - Baton Rouge, LA - http://www.puryear-it.com/
Active Directory Integration : Web & Enterprise Single Sign-On
Identity and Access Management : Linux/UNIX technologies

Download our free ebook "Best Practices for Linux and UNIX Servers"
http://www.puryear-it.com/pubs/linux-unix-best-practices/