[ale] [OT] Psychology of Denial about Climate Change

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Thu Feb 25 11:17:02 EST 2010

On 2/25/10 10:36 AM, Damon L. Chesser wrote:

> On this we agree.  Dare I say, Drill hear, Drill now?

This GOP rallying cry hides a certain facetiousness:  we have been and
already are.

The US produces more than 90% of the petroleum products it consumes and
imports about 3M barrels per day of refined petroleum products.
Furthermore, we export almost 2M barrels a day of oil, almost all of it
in the form of refined products.

We import more oil from non-OPEC countries than OPEC countries and that
has been true since the 1990s and was true through much of the 1980s.

Funny thing, reality.