[ale] OT: Firefox just keeps reloading GMail

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 18:34:04 EST 2010

I haven't been able to use Firefox lately, since I'm a heavy GMail user and
it's failing badly on loading that page. I googled for answers and found a
lot of people suffering from the same problem, but no definitive solutions
(or causes). Here is what I have tried:

deleting all google.com or mail.google.com cookies
clearing cache
deleting any extensions.* files in my Firefox profile directory
going directly to https://mail.google.com

None of this has any effect. Whenever I go to GMail, Firefox just loads and
reloads the page endlessly. This doesn't happen to my wife, who has her own
login and GMail account. But I am a heavy customizer and she's not, so there
are a million differences between her setup and mine. I'm open to exploring
any possible solutions.