[ale] [OT] Ga. Power & the "Flat Rate Plan"

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at speakeasy.net
Tue Feb 23 12:05:18 EST 2010

I doubt I am the only member of this list who takes advantage
of GA. Power's flat rate plan. Makes budgeting easier.

We got a letter yesterday telling us that for the next 12 months
our fixed rate will be reduced to $88.07 -- nearly 27% lower than last
year.

My curiosity piqued by the large drop, I called to find out how much
we were over/under for the preceding year.  Turns out we overpaid
by nearly $500 and GA. Power won't refund the balance.  Oh, and that
new rate of $88.07 is $7.32 MORE than their estimate of the actual
cost.  That means I will in 12 months pay them for 13 months of
electricity.

I am not amused.

We will not renew the "Flat Rate Plan" for another year. We can't afford
the convenience.

Wish I knew a good class action lawyer.

Sean