[ale] OT: Security code on Credit/Debit cards

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Mon Feb 22 10:01:41 EST 2010

It does appear based on my read of this link:
http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/laws/rules/6500-1350.html that the
poster who said the limit for losses applies to Debit cards as well as
Credit cards was correct.   However, I'll point out that the link does
specifically excluded overdraft protection fees among others so it is
still a matter of Bank Policy as to whether they would refund those.
Most do but as I pointed out earlier why take the risk when use of
credit cards avoids this altogether and also insures the money isn't
coming directly out of your bank account in the first place?