[ale] Boot script becomes a zombie?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 23:05:41 EST 2010

I have a script that looks runs several other scripts in turn. I use
this script to startup several FastCGI processes. This is the script:

##########
#!/bin/bash
find /var/www/fastcgi/scripts/ -type f -execdir '{}' 2>&1 1>/dev/null \;
return $?

I then have the following crontab entry for root:
@reboot /path/to/boot_cgi_bin.sh

Every time I reboot my server, this boot_cgi_bin.sh script turns into
a zombie (the cgi bins do get started). Does anyone see a reason why
this script would hang up as a zombie process?

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59