[ale] Apache

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Wed Feb 17 09:16:05 EST 2010

Ditto.

Unfortunately to get your RHCT or RHCE you have to learn SELinux and in
training it doesn't "seem" that difficult.

I'm not sure I agree with the "false sense of security" statement
someone else made though.   RedHat talks about "security in layers" in
their training and SELinux is only one component of that.  I believe it
has value if you can take the time to work out how to use it properly
and get your organization on board with using it.  I'm guessing if you
used it all the time it would become second nature like chown and chmod
are for most of us.

However, having had to go through a battle royale just to implement sudo
and iptables I'm pretty sure the political ramifications of SELinux on
top of the PITA administration tasks related to it would be enough to
make me finally go off the deep end.