[ale] LUG at GT Meeting - 2010.02.17 - LLVM

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Feb 15 17:46:50 EST 2010

On 02/15/2010 04:47 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> I'd like to see something on git.  I've just done a little with it and
> I'm pretty confused.  I've tried using smartgit which is a pretty cool
> gui, but I totally lack git foo so even the gui is confusing.
>
> I see you (Ga Tech) is going to address it in a few weeks.
>
> How long are the presentations at Ga Tech typically?  Is it mostly
> presentation time or do you spend a lot of time on other topics?
>
> Are there any plans to do a git presentation at ALE Central?

git's too confusing for me.  I interface with git repositories through
bzr.  ;-)

I'm actually somewhat surprised by the fact that bzr is not on the list.
  While bzr doesn't need a presentation to be given on it to learn how
to use it---it really is that simple---I would think that there is
enough cool stuff about it that a presentation could be given on it.  It
has two-way interaction with SVN and git, and will soon have two-way
interaction with Mercurial as I understand it.

	--- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                    Blog: http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Tel: (404) 592-5746 x1                            Email: mike at trausch.us