[ale] nikon coolpix

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon Feb 15 16:39:56 EST 2010

On Mon February 15 2010, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> > /store_00010001/D100NIKON/DCIM/....
> > but I can't find that anwyhere on the system. Am I ( again) missing
> > something?
>
> I think this is the result of an interaction between hal and your
> desktop environment.  It doesn't actually ever get mapped to the file
> system.  It's been like this for quite some time with usb drives.  I
> can't tell the last time I had to manually mount a removable drive in
> linux.

I've had no trouble with any of my "regualr" USB drives, they always mount
as /dev/sdg1, sdh1.. something like that. I think this is just a gphotolib2
issue, with "my" L20 coolpix, which isn't in their database.. as long as
digikam sees it and I can import photos, I'm happy..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800