[ale] unusual global warming experiment

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Feb 12 10:31:54 EST 2010

Jim Lynch wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:
>> JK wrote:
>>

>>> No, I'm not slighting you, and I don't want to get into the subject
>>> of inequalities in public-school funding, which have well-documented
>>> causes.  (Teachers in districts with high property values usually
>>> don't have the kinds of problems you cite.)
>>>
>> I assure you, that is patently wrong.  I don't know of any teacher who
>> does not purchase their own supplies.  My wife, teaching for over 20
>> years has taught in the full spectrum of 'property values' and it's
>> still the same.
>>
> Mine is now retired and I'm 100% in agreement with Geoffrey.  I even had
> to buy her a copier because the school limited the number of copies a
> teacher could make.  There's money being spent by school systems but
> it's not going to help educate the kids.

Perfect example.  When I worked for 'LARGE CORPORATION' and needed a
notebook, I walked to a supply closet and got one.  Same for staples,
pencils, pens.

Every year, my wife purchases a plan book, which she is required to
have.  There's plenty of other stuff.   All those bulletin boards you
see in the classroom?  The teachers purchase all those items to dress
those up.