[ale] unusual global warming experiment

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:52:50 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com>wrote:

> JK wrote:
>
> > No, I'm not slighting you, and I don't want to get into the subject
> > of inequalities in public-school funding, which have well-documented
> > causes.  (Teachers in districts with high property values usually
> > don't have the kinds of problems you cite.)
>
> I assure you, that is patently wrong.  I don't know of any teacher who
> does not purchase their own supplies.  My wife, teaching for over 20
> years has taught in the full spectrum of 'property values' and it's
> still the same.

I don't think it's "property value " so much home ownership vs. rental. I
really think that sense of responsibility and permanence from home ownership
leads to a longer view that supports academic excellence. In the US, a
renter is actually encouraged to move often based on move in incentives,
etc. Ask any person in K12 teaching how disruptive a family move is to a
childs learning process.

> --
> Until later, Geoffrey
>
> "I predict future happiness for America if they can prevent
> the government from wasting the labors of the people under
> the pretense of taking care of them."
> - Thomas Jefferson

James P. Kinney III