[ale] unusual global warming experiment

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Thu Feb 11 10:22:47 EST 2010

That was fun(ny).

For more laughs, decided to look up what Anthony Nunan, the Mitsubish
oil trader who supposedly predicted the end of civilization (winter
chaos -> worldwide famine, etc.), actually said:

"“The weather is cold everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere with Europe
getting walloped and China as well,” said Anthony Nunan, an assistant
general manager for risk management at Mitsubishi Corp. in Tokyo.
“Anything that’s positive for heating oil and middle distillate demand
has to be a positive for crude oil. The inventories have basically come
off their peaks in the last few weeks.”"

I'm sure he's getting a big kick out of googling his own name and seeing
it attached to oddball comments all over the blogosphere.

wf