[ale] unusual global warming experiment

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Feb 11 09:14:25 EST 2010

On 2/11/2010 5:26 AM, Geoffrey wrote:

> and wonder where the hell we are headed with this.  When will people
> finally say enough is enough and give up on the 2 hour one way commute?

For me, it was 1997. That's when I started teleworking 50%; also the
year my daughter was born.  In 2000 I quit commuting altogether. It
is... um there's a word for this.... oh yeah:

Bliss.

> Certainly, if we could reduce the traffic impact, it would help with the
> overall problem?

Yes.  My professional field is traffic management, and I'm constantly
haunted by the thought that I've spent 17 years solving the wrong
problem.  We need LESS TRAFFIC, not more-traffic-managed-"better".

-- JK

--
We Americans are a freedom-loving people, and nothing says "freedom"
like Getting Away With It. -- Guy Forsyth, "Long Long Time"