[ale] Secrets of Audacity!

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:34:30 EST 2010

On 02/10/2010 03:05 PM, Geoffrey wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:
>> Jim Kinney wrote:
>>> Due to license issues mp3 usually requires additional package downloads.
>>> With fedora using rpmfusion repo is required for non-free code.
>>
>> Yeah, but I'm pretty sure it bitches if you try to play one.  This acts
>> like it's playing, even shows a progress bar (amarok)
>
> Restarted my window manager and sound now works.  What's with that.

Sounds like a pulseaudio issue. Used to get that after running players
for a while. Found that by logging out and back in would clear the
problem. This was sometime back I believe around F9 or F10. If memory
serves me correctly when this happens do a ps -ef | grep pulseaudio, if
not there then there was a work around to fix it, that part I don't
remember though.