[ale] unusual global warming experiment

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 13:53:38 EST 2010

Greg Freemyer wrote:
<snipped>
> They are going to surround a forest with plastic walls, then heat the
> ground and air to simulate GW.  They will also increase the CO2
> concentration.  Wait 10 or 15 years and see what happens.
In all that I've read about the GW theory, I've never seen specific
numbers that were agreed upon by the majority.  Nothing I've seen says
"in 2050 the temp will be raised by <foo> and CO2 will be up by <bar>"

so... where are the numbers coming from?

still I'm curious to see if 'forest friendly' people will protest this
experiment since it is purposefully placing stress on the trees.  If
people are driving spikes into trees to stop those that log and reforest
I wonder what they will say about this?