[ale] RHEL 6 Release Date (was Fedora or Centos)

scott mcbrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 09:28:16 EST 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Richard Bronosky <Richard at bronosky.com> wrote:
> When it's ready.
>
> Couldn't resist. I've gotten the standard FOSS answer so many times.
>
> On 2/6/10, Brian Pitts <brian at polibyte.com> wrote:
>> On 02/06/2010 10:58 AM, Matt Rideout wrote:
>>> I agree with the advice that others have given about using CentOS. Do
>>> you know when you're going to be training? I'm not sure how quickly Red
>>> Hat updates their labs after a new release, but keep in mind that RHEL 6
>>> is likely being released sometime this year.
>>
>> Is there any official info about this anywhere? Actually, I'd settle for
>> some detailed rumors.
>>
>> --
>> All the best,
>> Brian Pitts

> Sent from my mobile device
>
> .!# RichardBronosky #!.

Detailed rumors won't help either, the target release date keeps
getting pushed back.  According to RH's RHEL release schedule, it
should have been out last year, about March.  When they were not going
to make that, people thought it might be Fall, then Early 2010, and
the last I heard was "late this year".  Nothing official of course,
but the indicator that you're looking for is some beta activity, which
hasn't happened yet.  Once the open beta starts, it's usually a month
or 2 until it gets released.

-Scott