[ale] Fedora or Centos - which is more relevant for someone wanting Red Hat experience today?

Avery Ceo avery.ceo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 09:07:45 EST 2010

CentOS actually has 2 extended repositories:

1) CentosPlus is disabled by default, and contains upgrades to packages that
are part of the base install but have not been shipped in RHEL.

2) CentosExtras is for packages that don't exist in the official RedHat
repositories, and is ENABLED BY DEFAULT.  Normally this would not be a bad
thing, but you will probably want to limit yourself (for purposes of
certification) to tools that are available on RHEL.  In that case, you will
need to disable this repository manually.

Avery