[ale] Personal Backup Strategies?

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Feb 4 10:42:18 EST 2010

On 2/4/2010 8:07 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> Why do you assume the far end is trusted?

[snip rant]

 > Maybe I'm missing something, though.

Yeah...

...maybe the point is to leave the files in encrypted form
on the remote end.  In which case, seems like a tar or cpio
pipeline would work -- use encryption on the local end,
but leave it out on the remote end. Not sure if there's a
way to get tar to pipe individual files (rather than the
whole archive) through a command, though.

-- JK