[ale] If your using large Sata drives in raid 5/6 ....

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Tue Feb 2 17:45:30 EST 2010

This is why I steered away from RAID5 and 6 for the file server I built
for my employer.  I intended to have a "big slow" SATA array and a
"small fast" SAS array - I planned to use 1+0 for the latter and 5 for
the former, but when I began looking into this issue I got skittish and
decided to go 1+0 for the big slow array as well.