[ale] Thermite party

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Tue Dec 28 12:14:42 EST 2010

On 12/28/2010 11:50 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> Is there any interest in doing this as a group?  Maybe in March or April.
>
> I really do have about 50 in-operative drives I need to destroy at
> some point.  If 50 dixie cups of poor man's thermite can be had for
> $100 or less, I'd be curious to try it out.  (fyi: P'tree Shredder
> will shred them for $7/ea. so $350 is my worst case cost.)
>
> We'd need to find a large area of dirt where the fire department won't
> come shut us down I assume.
>
> Anyone else have a collection of drives they need to destroy?
>
> Is buying the chemicals going to put me on terrorist watch list?

Where I live, we have a local community center that has a HUGE empty
grassy area next to it and an old baseball diamond next to that which is
ALSO right next to the local volunteer firedepartment building (
unmanned usually). I happen to be GOOD friends with the local community
center folks ( My church owns it, and I am on the board), and I also
know a few firemen who might want to watch & have a training exercise..
Of course the downside is, I am in Sanford community, see map here:

http://georgia.hometownlocator.com/ga/madison/sanford.cfm

the lot is actually the entire triangle bounded by Nowhere road, sanford
Nicholson rd, and Loyd Nelms.
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800