[ale] win 98 in virtualBox

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Tue Dec 28 11:42:39 EST 2010

On 12/27/2010 11:59 PM, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> Donald, use TinyXP which you can find a torrent for just about anywhere.
> I just converted Chad over to a Mac and set him up with VirtualBox and
> TinyXP for the one device he has that has no Mac drivers.

If there's one thing I would trust less than a Microsoft OS, it's a
version of one that's been "enhanced" by an anonymous group and released
via bittorrent. That sounds like a great way to build a botnet to me.

If you have to deal with Windows, these tools look useful for stripping
ti down, enabling hardware support, and getting up to date. I've only
used the first one before.

http://www.nliteos.com/
http://driverpacks.net/
http://www.autopatcher.com/