[ale] auto start

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Mon Dec 27 15:18:20 EST 2010

I was about to say that:  "menu.lst isn't editable..." under GRUB2 since
9.10 but you beat me to it Brian!  : )

Attempts to manually edit GRUB2 as you would GRUB fail because the
traditional methods of editing either only stick until reboot or the
files are simply not editable.  This is what I ran into when I fought
9.10 and GRUB2 on my current workstation this time last year.  (GRUB2 is
also part of the reason I went to FC12 and GRUB (v0.98)...but not the
only one).

Unfortunately I don't remember the answer to your question but do
recommend checking-out the Ubuntu Forums as they likely have what you're
looking for...and I hope that there is better material in there than
there was last year on the topic.  I didn't find the documentation on
GRUB2 that helpful (back then) -- all the more reason why I went back to
GRUB.

Happy Hacking and Happy New Year!!

Rich in Lilburn.......(still a bit of a LInux newb but a devoted daily
driver making converts as I go!)