[ale] Docsis 3 Modem Recommendations

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Dec 27 10:41:29 EST 2010

With todays power management functionality, isn't it possible to shut off
the slot?  That'd perform a reset.

In any event, I just want my system doing the management and having total
control.  I don't like having to drive somewhere to bounce the modem, when
that's the only reason for the trip.  Also I have issues with too many
outlets being used, so an internal modem would be useful for thatv reason as
well.

It would also be nice to be able to see what's actually on the wire, at
least to me, and to reclaim my one IP from my /28 that is consumed by the
retarded device they put on my net.

--
Sent from my G2 running CyanogenMod!
That is, a phone. :)