[ale] starting network in Kubuntu

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 18:38:52 EST 2010

The output of ifconfig looks normal. But ifup eth0 and wlan0 both report
that the interface is not found. When I run dhclient, it goes out to all
interfaces, but doesn't connect to anything. Running netstat -nr after that
seems to show a connection to the modem, but no real IP address and I can't
ping anything. I would post some output here, but when I'm on Linux, I have
no way to capture and send.