[ale] interesting salary data posted by Red Hat

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Thu Dec 23 11:51:31 EST 2010

I got that $12/hr figure from a head hunter back in 2002 who was asking
me to apply for a night job doing phone support for HP.   When I replied
that he couldn't get anyone good for even twice that for a day job he
responded that he does get people all the time.  To me that explained
why HP phone support first level was so clueless at the time.  I'm sure
by now they've raised it to $12.25 or so...