[ale] facebook hacked?

Tom Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sat Dec 18 11:58:49 EST 2010

Ok. I'm the "old fart" (58). I've seen too much in the past 10-15 years of
the next "greatest thing" to be much impressed one way or the other. And I
will stand by my snide remark that I have yet to see material on facebook
that I _really_ need to know about _NOW_. There are one or two things that
have been worth finding out, but they have generally had a half-life on
order of weeks. Other people have different experiences. If you need to
push information to me, I have an answering machine on the phone, and
my friends know that. Otherwise, drop by the house, bang on the door, and
we can just plain gossip.

I got a Facebook account to pickup grandchildren pictures which certain
friends keep wanting to see. Sadly, the parents keep forgetting to post
the grandchildren pictures. That molasses in January going up hill
is going to make its appearance before I get something I want out of the
system.

Just as there are a few worthwhile movies being produced, there are a
few worthwhile movies dating back to the era of the silents. I rather
doubt that the percentage of production has changed much either, but I
have never attempted to find that out for sure. Same concept applies
to music, although I admit to prefering older popular music. My
preference doesn't make it better in any way however.

FWIW, etc.